Well, to continue the story.
The farmer arrived with the largest telehandler in the area and we moved the monster into place on the concrete slab, he got it over the wall and onto the slab - just.
It was a three part lift, with the added fun of the rear end of the telehandler bouncing off the ground in several heart stopping moments .... stressful.
I used an engine crane to re-assemble the lathe, sorry no pictures of this bit as I was working with Minnie and she seems to be unable to hold the camera properly - but she is very good at getting in the way.
The shed arrived on an articulated lorry and I caused a traffic jam in Borgue whilst having it unloaded ..... I believe this may be a first in Borgue history.
The shed is then assembled around the lathe, the next time it moves will be after I pay a visit to the church yard at the top of the bank. Pictures for this part:
Just to prove it is level (Somebody is bound to ask)
A moment of relief as it actually does fit in the shed.
The shed actually goes up quite quickly - the painting takes forever. Putting the roof beams in required two fat blokes with big hammers, they are not coming out any time soon.
Board the roof and shingle it.
Add bargeboards and finials.
Before anyone says anything about the colour, I was going for beach hut ....though it's a pretty big beach hut.
To prove the lathe does actually fit here are some pictures to prove it....though if I get any fatter I will not fit through the gap to get behind the lathe!
So the moral of the tale is, if a bloke in a used woodworking machinery place says he has a "lovely lathe just right for you" don't just walk away, run for the hills.